Sunday, 26 January 2014

2014 Plans...

Hello everyone! I apologise for taking so long to write up some entries, I've been snowed under with lots of things going on in my life that I'm sure I'll discuss at some point but for now, I am catching up on my many draft ideas (I have about 20 to get through!) This particular entry, is a follow up from my recent 2013 review piece - 2014 is a new year and it has already been a lively one for yours truly. This year will be focused on self-improvement, these are my aims for this year:
Moving out
This has been my aim for the last year and a bit now, I have signed up for the council housing list - unfortunately, the council find it fitting to rank me as 'C' behind people who don't actually work, lie about being depressed etc., and have babies for the sake of a place (I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but I know people do this!) - when compared to me, I have a full time job and not mentally unstable ha.
Since I left Uni - I had been looking with friends to move in together and rent privately... but unfortunately they couldn't afford to move out just now. Luckily, as some of you may already know, I have officially got a flat!! It's a studio flat along Weston way that is very nice in which I could live on with my current salary. I'm so excited to move in and decorate it the way I like it, buying things for when I move in.
I want to thank everyone that has congratulated me on FINALLY leaving the family home full of women! Time to move on and finally have some freedom.

Healthy eating & Gym
Okay, I know what some of you may be thinking - the second part of that title will be VEEEEERY unlikely, but once I move out I will be living off very little food which I will aim for to help me lose weight, as for helping lose weight and tone up - I have recently seen a blog post on 'The Blonde Ethos' that I have recently reviewed regarding a workout package called 'I.N.S.A.N.I.T.Y' which I am definitely interested in investing for in the long run, if it helps me build up my confidence and helps me lose some unwanted weight.

Gigs
2013 was an amazing year gig-wise for me, 2014 will be the same no doubt - I already have planned visits to London, Birmingham and Nottingham for gigs so far. My first gig of 2014 will be March 8th seeing All Time Low, followed 8 days later by FALL OUT BOY!! I have wanted to see them since I first heard their music about 8 years ago. In May, I have a planned trek to see McBusted live (This is what is known as a guilty pleasure!) - so far, nothing planned for the summer but I am hoping to go for the day to a festival I've not been to so either V or Reading/ Leeds, depending on their line ups. Then September, I get to spend 2 days with my two best Uni buddies Stacey and Luke as we are within sweating distance of Lee Evans!! Going to be an epic year!

Scrapbooking
Last year, I found myself this new hobby - I do love creating, organising and designing scrapbooks of memories. Last year, I created a scrapbook dedicated to my university experience with the friends I made and the memories that were made in them three years. I got such a positive feedback from what I made that I have started two more scrapbooks - one being general mementos from nights out with friends and my childhood, and the second one dedicated to the memory of my Nan who passed away 5 years ago this year. I'm looking for more ideas into making scrapbooks and open to suggestions.

TP Events
Since I have left education and started progressing with a career development, I have put mine and my friends events company to one side until we find our feet outside of University. This year I look to get back onto "Project TP Events", and hopefully lead onto making company live.

Experience new things
This year I am going to try out new things to be more spontaneous. I'm trying new things from food to drink, to days out, activities and potentially hobbies. I look forward to what this year could possibly bring with all of these things to look forward to and I'm sure much more more..

What are your plans for 2014?